Cricket Australia (CA) confirmed on Sunday that cricketer Tahlia McGrath had returned a positive COVID-19 test ahead of the Commonwealth Games gold medal game against India. “CGA clinical staff have consulted with the Commonwealth Games Federation’s Results Analysis Clinical Expert Group (RACEG) team and match officials, and McGrath is taking part in today’s final against India,” said said an official statement from Cricket Australia.
McGrath reported to team management on Sunday with mild symptoms and later returned a positive test. She was named in the starting XI in the draw and the International Cricket Council (ICC) approved her participation in the final.
“In consultation with the CGF and ICC, CGA and Cricket Australia medical staff have put in place a range of comprehensive protocols which will be observed throughout the match and for post-match activity, in order to minimize the risk of transmission to all players and officials,” the statement read further.
She is in.
– cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) August 7, 2022
“The CGA has maintained a comprehensive Covid-19 risk mitigation strategy for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, with testing protocols in addition to those required by the Birmingham 2022 Organizing Committee,” it said. -he adds.
In the gold medal match between India and Australia, the latter won the toss and elected to strike first.
It is important to note that the draw for the gold medal game was delayed by almost 10-15 minutes.
McGrath was dismissed for 2 runs in Australia’s innings
India beat England in the semi-finals by four points while Australia got the better of New Zealand.
Topics discussed in this article
- McGrath playing despite positive test
- Commonwealth Games: Australian cricketer Tahlia McGrath plays in gold medal match despite positive COVID test
- IND vs SA Hockey CWG Live: Team India reached the final, semi-final match against South Africa begins
- CWG: Table tennis star Sharath Kamal did wonders in Commonwealth Games, won more gold than 56 countries including Pakistan
- Commonwealth Games 2022, Day 11: Full India Schedule | Commonwealth Games News