Rapper Baker Boy won Album of the Year at the 2022 ARIA Awards for his critically acclaimed Gela, while Tones And I won Song of the Year.
This is the fifth ARIA award for Tones And I, otherwise known as Toni Watson, who said the 2022 awards have an impressive lineup.
“It’s pretty cool to see the future of Australian music represent tonight,” she said after accepting the award.
ARIA’s first in-person party since 2019 at the Hordern Pavilion in Sydney opened with a live performance by Vance Joy with his song Clarity.
Eight-time ARIA award winner Natalie Imbruglia hosts the event, while celebrating the 25th anniversary of her Left Of The Middle album.
- Olivia Newton-John tribute: Viewers left unimpressed by ARIA Awards performance remembering late singer
- MTV EMAs 2022: BTS Bags Biggest Fans for Fifth Consecutive Year, Taylor Swift Wins Big
- ARIA Awards: The head-turning outfits proves no one knows how to dress for the award show
- Anthony Albanese rocks up at star-studded GQ awards
- Beyonce nominated for nine Grammy awards