HONG KONG: Major Chinese developer Country Garden has signed a contract with the Postal Savings Bank of China for a credit line of up to 50 billion yuan ($7.0 billion), Securities Times reported Thursday.
The line of credit will be used for loans for land development, mergers and acquisitions and mortgage financing, he said. On Wednesday, three other commercial banks agreed to provide fundraising support to property developers, including industry giant Vanke, in a coordinated effort to support the country’s struggling property sector.
($1 = 7.1429 Chinese yuan renminbi)
- China’s August new bank loans lower than expected, credit growth slows
- EXCLUSIVE – China EV maker Leapmotor holds $1.5 billion Hong Kong IPO – sources
- China Plans Yuan Pool To Counter Dollar’s Reserve Currency Status
- Chinese developer Sunac plans to extend onshore bonds maturity – sources
- China’s second-largest chipmaker poised for US$2.5 billion IPO in Shanghai