The central government said on Wednesday it would take action if wheat prices rose abnormally in the country while saying it was closely monitoring prices in the retail market. Union Food Secretary Sanjeev Chopra said the wheat and rice stock situation was comfortable. He said it was above government buffer requirements.
- After Curbs On Exports, Prices Of Wheat And Sugar Stable: Food Secretary
- Government’s big attack on inflation, ban on export of flour, maida and semolina to curb rising prices
- To curb rising prices, the government banned the export of wheat flour, maida, semolina.
- Govt restricts exports of suji, maida from 14 Aug
- FAO Expects India’s Wheat Export To Be 7 Million Tonnes In Current Fiscal