The Indian Army is receiving praise on social media for celebrating the 100th birthday of one of the retired soldiers. KK Gopalakrishnan Nair, who retired as Havildar, celebrated his birthday on November 23. The Army Service Corps presented him with a memento on this occasion.
The Indian Army took to social media to share the news. They wrote on Instagram, “#WeCare Havildar KK Gopalakrishnan Nair (Retd), the #veteran turned 100 on November 23, 2022. He was congratulated on his centenary by Army Service Corps #ASC and received a keepsake on behalf of the General Manager Supply & Transport. #IndianArmy”
The post was shared by the military around 22 hours ago and since then it has amassed around 75,000 likes. Many Internet users were moved by the benevolent gesture of the Indian army.
The veteran soldier’s grandson also commented on the post. He wrote: “So proud! He is my grandfather and our family is deeply indebted to former Defense Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar, IAS for starting this event. Congratulations also to ASC Trivandrum who organized the event at the unit level!”
Also Read: Indian Army’s Response to Kerala Couple Who Invited Them to Marry Wins Internet
“A special salute from my heart for honoring this old man (x Havildar) this act shows gratitude to our soldiers by our nation. JAI HIND,” another user posted.
Many users also left Indian Army heart emojis.
“We are always for our soldiers,” said…
- Indian Army decides to organize Army Day Parade next year in Southern Command Area
- Emotional video of son rescuing mother from US Navy after 30 years of service
- Martyr salute to Army Dog Zoom: Fighting with terrorists even after getting 2 bullets, helped in killing 2 terrorists
- Watch: Swiggy delivery agent helped clear traffic jams, internet calls him a “hero”
- How will the army do secure communication in the event of war, skylight exercise conducted across the country