Pankaj Tripathi said he was not looking for work in any languages other than Hindi, neither in Hollywood nor in the South Indian film industry. He also said he understood Hindi better and therefore thought he might not express emotions accurately in other languages. (Also read: Pankaj Tripathi explains why people find him repetitive in OTT shows)
Speaking at the ongoing International Indian Film Festival in Goa, Pankaj also said he is ready to work in any language if someone writes a character in Hindi for him.
Asked about working in the film industries of Hollywood or the South, Pankaj said, “Although language is not a barrier for me, I prefer Hindi cinema. It’s because I’m fluent in Hindi, main uss language ko samajhta hoon, uski bhavnaon ko, shades ko behtar samajhta hoon (I understand the language better, I understand its emotions and nuances better). Forget Hollywood, I get offers from Telugu and Malayalam filmmakers but I feel like I can’t do those movies justice because I can’t speak the language. He was seen in a short role in Chris Hemsworth’s Extraction.
“I won’t be able to bring out the feeling. That said, if anyone can write a Hindi speaking character for me, then I’m open to working in any language film. He added that he works on so many Hindi projects that he doesn’t have time to “consider Hollywood or other language films”.
Pankaj Tripathi was recently seen in Srijit Mukherji’s Sherdil: The…
- Pankaj Tripathi and Main Atal Hoon Team meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath amid shooting schedule
- Pankaj Tripathi says he will no longer use abusive, abusive language in his films: ‘I have decided…’
- Adah Sharma: No one language can define Indian cinema
- Kannada films will always be my priority: Sapthami on Bollywood debut
- Akshay Kumar on North-South cinema and national language debate: ‘This is how Britishers came and divided us’