A boat with six people on board is sinking near an island in waters off the central Queensland coast, with rescue crews en route to the emergency.
RACQ CQ Rescue said the ship sank near Scawfell Island around 3.10pm on Wednesday.
The mountainous island is more than 700 km off Mackay.
Six people are believed to be on the ship, RACQ CQ Rescue said.
- Search for 25 missing from Indonesian boat
- Superyacht bursts into flames on Hamilton Island, Queensland
- At least 15 dead and dozens missing as migrant boats sink in Greek island
- Hillarys emergency: Four people rescued from ocean after boat capsized
- RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter called to Scenic Rim following skydiver crash