TIC Tac! It’s time for American superstar Jason Derulo to jump into a large swivel chair on The Voice.
The Acapulco singer and social media giant confirmed today that he is the latest big name to come to our shores to help select our top singing talent on The Seven Network show.
The 33-year-old said he was breaking his neck to come here and start.
“I’ve always loved The Voice and Australia is one of my favorite places in the world. I can’t wait to hear all the amazing talent from down below! says Derulo.
Talk Dirty, Ridin’ Solo, Whatcha Say and Savage Love will take his place alongside returning Voice coaches Jessica Mauboy, Rita Ora and Guy Sebastian.
Derulo will certainly know his stuff having whipped up 200 million records in his career and is dubbed the King of Tik Tok with 57 million followers.
He himself is on the comeback trail, about to release a fifth album.
The show’s bosses can’t wait to see their big coup roll out.
“Jason is a sensational addition to our lineup of superstar coaches Jess, Rita and Guy and we can’t wait to see who they turn their iconic red chairs for this season,”
Derulo lands in Sydney in the coming weeks ahead of filming blind auditions.
He replaces Keith Urban who revealed he would not be returning to the show last year.
Angus Ross, Content Director of Seven, Entertainment Programming.
Host Sonia Kruger returns as host when she returns this year.
- Jason Derulo not ruling out quest for romance Down Under while filming new season of The Voice
- Is Jason Derulo Married? A Look at His Past and Present Romances – Unleashing The Latest In Entertainment
- A ‘superstar’ shockingly goes home on ‘The Voice’: ‘I don’t know what America was thinking’
- Who Is Gargoyle on ‘The Masked Singer’? The Most Popular Predictions Revealed!
- Ex-AFL player Lachie Gill crowned winner of Channel Seven’s The Voice Australia