Action director Sham Kaushal celebrates his birthday today, November 24, and his actor son Vicky Kaushal had the sweetest birthday note for him. Govinda actor Naam Mera took to his Instagram Story section to share a photo of his parents at an awards show. In the monochromatic image, Sham Kaushal appears to be giving airy hugs as his wife stands there beside him with her hand on his chest and looking moved.
Sharing the photo, he wrote, “My pillar of strength…Happy birthday Dad!!! Khichke Jhappi Twahnu.
Sham Kaushal had a glorious stint in Bollywood as a veteran stunt coordinator and action director. He is also the recipient of several Filmfare and IIFA awards. In the early 2000s, Sham also battled cancer. During an interview, he revealed that he was diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2003. Sham had just finished filming Lakshya directing Farhan Akhtar and Hrithik Roshan in Ladakh. He was filming for Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero when he had a day off for Diwali and decided to get checked out. He added that one of the first people who rushed to help him was Nana Patekar.
“Doctors called Nana Patekar who was shooting in Pune. Nana Ji immediately left there and came straight to the hospital. I was unconscious. There was an infection in my stomach. Doctors had cut out a piece of the stomach and sent it for testing. He was diagnosed as cancer. I wasn’t sure if I would survive or not. I didn’t share this with anyone. I was in the hospital for 50 days. I came back to work after that. They kept testing me for a year. But luckily the cancer did not spread. It has been 19 years since that incident,” he told ETimes.
In the meantime, on the work side, Vicky Kaushal is awaiting the release of her film Govinda Naam Mera with Bhumi Pednekar and Kiara Advani. The film will skip theatrical release and drop on the Disney+ Hotstar OTT platform on December 16. He is currently filming for Meghna Gulzar’s Sam Bahadur, which is a biopic of the late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw.
Read all the latest movie news here
- Vicky Kaushal sends ‘tight hug’ for dad Sham Kaushal on his birthday, shares his pic: ‘My pillar of strength’
- No, Vijay Deverakonda Is Not Replacing Vicky Kaushal As a Brand’s Ambassador
- Govinda Naam Mera: Vicky Kaushal Shares Unseen Childhood Pic and It’s Shows He Was Born to Dance
- Rishi Kapoor’s granddaughter Samara shares old picture on his 70th birth anniversary, calls him ‘best maternal grandfather in the world’
- Katrina Kaif posts sweet birthday wish for brother’s rumoured girlfriend IIeana D’Cruz, Vicky Kaushal calls her Alina ji